Great news, everyone!
It is now nearly a month since I started the new goal – to drop the weight I put on when I gave up smoking. I had made various other attempts at this but nothing seemed to work well for me. I was craving food the way I was craving the ciggies, back in the day!
Earlier in the month, I decided to try something my friend Marni had suggested to me. Portion control. And, as you will hear, I have managed to do that successfully for the whole time. I checked the correct number of calories someone of my age should eat (1,600 per day) and then set about creating a system whereby I could keep to that but not feel deprived. I had made some basic changes.
1. Salads are great but I didn’t want to eat them every day 🙂
2. Eating one cup of almost anything I wanted, worked remarkably well at keeping the calories down while enjoying my food without feeling I was missing out.
3. Portion control becomes automatic after just a couple of weeks!
4. BBQing veggies really feels like you are eating the world and yet you are not.
5. Half a baked potato is more than enough